Friday 13 August 2010

LOVE = ?


I love talking about love..
there's always this kind of feeling when I start talking about love.. a feeling that I want to share that love that I'm talking about..
so now, let me share to you what is love for me..

love has so many expressions.. or in other words, we can express love in many ways..
hundreds, or maybe thousands ways have been found to say and show love..
but unfortunately, we often do things wrong while expressing our love..
whether you realize it or not, it's happening..

I love Indonesia and I believe most of you reading this feel the same way too..
but, here's the thing I want to tell you guys: unfortunately our ways of showing our loves to Indonesia are different..
maybe some of you choose to stay in Indonesia for the rest of your life because you love Indonesia..
maybe some of you choose to stay for a while in other countries and will be back someday to Indonesia to build our beloved country..
and maybe some of you are just like me.. choose not to go back to Indonesia forever.. and do whatever you can do for other Indonesians in other countries..
but still, we are the same.. we do love Indonesia..

then, talking about love again, we need to know what are the basic things that a love must have.. so that we can show it the right way..
and as far as I know, love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
that's what love should look like..

we often hear people says, "I do this because I love you", while the one that he/she loves doesn't feel it that way..
man, if you are really showing the real love, the person who receive it should feel loved..
it's impossible for that person to be hurt if you're showing the real love..
or in other words, if the person doesn't feel that love, maybe you're not showing the real love..

there's this guy, from other country, he shared something really cool about showing our love..
he said something like this, "showing love is like giving me a cake.. I like cake.. but if you're giving it to me by throwing it at my face, I won't like it.."
and it's true..
people can't see your intention.. they see your action..
so, it's important to do the right action even if you have the right intention..

then, another thing I want to share about love is that we don't really need any reason to love other..
we don't need reason to fall in love.. or, maybe it's better if I put it this way: we don't know the reason why we love..
but to stay in love, it's another thing.. we do need many reasons to stay falling in love..
and moreover, we have to be falling in love all the time.. so, we need many more reasons to stay falling in love..

now, the fact that we don't need any reason or we don't know the reason why we love, it brings me to another point that it's not impossible for us to love others unconditionally..
we can love others unconditionally if and only if we don't think of any reason of why we should love them..
so, by that I can also say that if you need reasons to love, you'll never be able to love others unconditionally..
you don't believe it? go, test it yourself!

and now, I'd like to ask you a question..
"what's the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word 'LOVE'?"

here's the fun fact..
whatever your answer is, most of you will say at least one of many words that I wrote before..
it'll be either one of these words: patient, kind, does not envy, does not boast, not proud, not rude, not self-seeking, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs, does not delight in evil, rejoices with the truth, always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, never fails..
and if you do think at least one of those words, you're on the right path..

humm...

I think, it's long enough for tonight's entry..
I can feel this entry is killing me because it's very hard for me to write a blog entry in English..
the truth is I prefer to write anything in Bahasa Indonesia to English..
but then, I have to practice my English since I'm living in an English speaking country..
so I hope you guys can understand and get whatever it is that I shared to you in this entry..
and I pray so that this entry can be an inspiration for you guys too..

stay blessed.. =)

No comments: